Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Pamlab doesnt have to answer to anyone

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Pamlab doesnt care, not FDA approved, so they dont have to answer to anyone!
Pamlab makes Deplin. And they dont have to answer to anyone, although Deplin only available by prescription (or sample from your doctors office as in my case) it is NOT FDA approved! It IS NOT really any form of regular Folic Acid in any way shape or form! It is L methylfolate! It does not have to be broken down by the body at all. It goes directly to the brain! It effects all brain chemicals, and according to the pharmacology, which is hard to find by the way, there are adverse reactions. However the company refuses to tell me what those are! They said they dont have to, because they dont have to answer to the FDA! It is basically an overdose of a much stronger form of folic acid, and it is not water soluable either, it is 52 percent plasma protien binding, enough time to stay in your system to cause damage, as it did to me. Pamlab refused to help me when I called them within days of my reaction, and they have refused to connect me with their legal dept. or give me the number to contact them. Blood tests are supposed to be done before being given to patients, but I guess the pa wasnt aware, or didnt care? Nor did she investigate to know enough about this DRUG and what it was for. She said it was for heavy mentrual cycle. A complete lie! I cant explain why I had the reaction I did. There are plenty of people who have reactions everyday to things without explaination. It happened to me! I just want my life back! More than anything I want whatever went out of whack in my brain to be fixed. This may mean taking medications now. Its hard to accept. But I want to smile again! I want to be a mom again, to be the center of our home again, but right now I am in so much turmoil that I am unable. I pray for the right doctor, and for healing! Amen! It makes no sense to me that A DRUG THAT IS ONLY AVAILABLE BY PRESCRIPTION IS SUPPOSED TO BE FDA APPROVED, YET DEPLIN IS NOT! They claim it does not have to be FDA approved! Something very wrong with that! & even if I am the one in a hundred thousand with this reaction, Pamlab should care and have to answer! So, did you give permission to the P.A. to give Deplin off label for heavy periods?Still waiting to hear from you! Ive contacted your company 15 times!

No comments:

Post a Comment